Friday, December 18, 2015

On being gay


There is widespread belief among many that we are all born gay, opposed to our detractors who argue that its a choice, a conscious decision to be gay. Personally, I strongly believe that we are born with our same gender attraction. I have no memory of choosing to love men, for as long as I can remember, I have always felt an affinity towards other men. As I grew into puberty, this affinity developed into a full-blown physical attraction. 

I am unable to recall any such feelings towards women. In fact, I've never even dated a female. Not once in either high school or university. Deep down inside, I think I've always known that I am gay, even before I fully understood precisely what gay actually entailed. It was just this gut-feeling that I've had all my life. 

To my knowledge, I've never had any adult gay role models in my family or among my parent's friends. In other words, no one recruited me. I didn't have any adult that I could approach on this subject until I was in university, about five years after I "came out" to my family and close friends.  


Because of my development, I've always believed very strongly and passionately that we are all born gay or same gender loving. With all the homophobia in this world, even today, who in their right mind would actually choose to be gay? 

For all the haters and homophobes who claim that it is unnatural, I can only state that it has always been natural for me. I honestly can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't consumed by admiration and desire when I saw a handsome, rugged man. The same-sex attraction never caused any conflict for me. 

Be yourself: gay, nude and proud!

Rashad



2 comments:

  1. Great post, Rashad! Thanks for being honest, man. Love the images you shared. Take care and stay as bare as you dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Roger! I'm grateful for you supporting my blog! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete